For patients diagnosed with cancer and their families, friends and carers
The WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network provides a range of services and resources to support people diagnosed with cancer, as well as their families, friends and carers.
- Cancer Nurse Coordination Service
A free statewide service for people affected by cancer, providing support, information and linking with patient services.
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
Aims to reduce the incidence and death from bowel cancer by offering people turning 50, 55 and 65 years of age between January 2011 and December 2014 screening with a faecal occult blood test in the privacy of their own home.
- Multidisciplinary Care Teams Directory
Multidisciplinary assessment clinics for specific tumour types located at a number of public hospitals.
- Tumour Collaboratives
Tumour collaboratives have been established for each of the main tumour types. The collaboratives are multidisciplinary and include consumer and carer representatives as part of their membership.
The Telehealth service uses videoconferencing equipment to enable clinical consultations to take place across two or more locations in the state. It reduces the travel burden for rurally-based patients.
- WA Psycho-Oncology Service
A free statewide service providing clinical psychology care to adults affected by cancer. Education, consultancy and research services are also provided to health workers and services.
Brochure Series: Support for People with Cancer
These brochures cover specific tumour groups and provide an overview of the disease and the role of the Cancer Nurse Coordination Service. The brochures can be downloaded below, or you can order printed copies.
- Colorectal cancer (PDF)
- Gynaecologic cancer (PDF) | Gynaecologic cancer (Print friendly) (PDF)
- Haematological (blood) cancer (PDF) | Haematological (blood) cancer (Print friendly) (PDF)
- Head and neck cancer (PDF) | Head and neck cancer (Print friendly) (PDF)
- Melanoma and skin cancer (PDF)
- Thoracic cancer (PDF) | Thoracic cancer (Print friendly) (PDF)
- Upper Gastrointestinal cancer (PDF)
- Urological cancer (PDF) | Urological cancer (Print friendly) (PDF)
Cancer Care Resources
- Your bladder cancer diary (PDF)
This booklet helps bladder cancer patients and their health providers keep a record of appointments and other issues associated with treatment.
- Intravesical BCG treatment - Patient information (PDF)
- Intravesical Mitomycin treatment - Patient information (PDF)
- Before your rectal cancer surgery: Neoadjuvant radiotherapy and chemotherapy (PDF)
- Directory of Cancer Services
This directory assists patients, family members and health professionals to locate cancer specific services across Western Australia.
- Models of Care
The WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network develops evidence-based models of care for specific cancer types, to improve care provided to cancer patients.
- WA Cancer Plan 2012-2017 (PDF)
This national website portal contains only credible, current and complete cancer care resources that are published to a high standard, screened and peer-reviewed. The Cancer Directory has been created for use by members of the public and health professionals. All State governments, the Australian government, all the Cancer Councils, major health services and the large not for profit organisations contribute to it.
The Cancer Directory contains 2000 plus resources, in over 40 languages on prevention, screening, early detection, treatment, advanced cancer, practical support – including finance and workplace guidelines, psychosocial needs and cancer survival. The resources are available in printed, audio-visual and electronic formats. You can easily download fact sheets directly, order them online and bookmark this reliable website to your internet “favourites”. For further information or to request leaflets on the Cancer Directory please email: firstname.lastname@example.org