Disability Health Network
The network is currently led by Fiona Payne and Kate Baxter
Telephone: 9222 0200
Visit the online consultation hub (external site) to participate in consultations in the areas of public health and clinical services planning for frameworks, policy and guidelines.
Publications of interest
- Launch of the Disability Health Network event: Report
- WA Clinical Senate June 2011 debate
view the report and presentations from the debate that recommended this Network be established.
- WA Health Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- National Disability Strategy
- Count me in – Disability Future Directions
Disability Services Commission.
- Disability Services Commission
- Health and Disability Services Complaints Office
for information on how to make a complaint about disability services, about health services, or as a carer.
- Carers WA
aims to improve the lives of family carers living in Western Australia.
- Health Consumers' Council
represents the consumers’ voice in health policy, planning, research and service delivery.
- National Disability Services
peak body for non-government disability services.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
a new initiative that will aim for people with significant and permanent disability to get the necessary care and support that they require.
Current projects to improve health care in WA
Visit our news page for more information on our current activities.
- WA Disability Health Framework 2015-2025
- Commitment to inclusive engagement
- Consumer and carer perspectives on health care for people with disability:
- Consumer Focus Groups – Care coordination for people with disability
(PDF 350KB) | MS (Word 1.31MB)
- Disability Health Core Capabilities Resource Consultation Forum – Outcomes
(PDF) | (MS Word)
- Disability Liaison Officer Pilot Project
- Disability Health Café Summary Report
(PDF 1.47MB) | (MS Word 4MB)
- Hospital Stay Guidelines
(PDF 489KB) | (MS Word 592KB)