Women’s and Newborns Health Network
2014 Network Symposium
Friday, 9 May: 9.00am to 4.00pm
Contact us for more information
To improve the quality, safety, accessibility and continuity of maternity care and services for all women and babies in WA.
Tel: (08) 9222 0200
Having a baby website
Visit the Having a Baby website a one-stop information point for expecting and new parents that contains information about every stage of maternity care.
Visit the WA Having a Baby Service Directory to find out what maternity services are available in your locality.
Projects improving patient care or health services in WA
Telethon Kids Institute – WA Health funded projects
- Antenatal services audit for Aboriginal women and assessment of Aboriginal content in health education in Western Australia. (PDF 170KB)
- Development of the Blooming Together Program – A comprehensive model of maternity care incorporating evidence based behavioural change strategies for women with obesity to achieve a healthy pregnancy weight, September 2013 (PDF 938KB)
- Resources and support available for women accessing maternity system services, who are at risk of family-domestic violence, 2012
Summary (PDF 520KB) | Final report (PDF 1.2MB)
Publications of interest
- Models of Maternity Care: A review of the Evidence 2007 (PDF 1.22MB)
- WA Health Perinatal publications and report
Current projects to improve health care in WA
- Redevelopment of the Having a Baby website
- Working group looking at Continuity of Carer Models for maternity services including a sub-group looking at the specific needs of refugees and migrants
- Development of a Perinatal Palliative Care Model of Care
- Development of a Perinatal and Infant Health Model of Care and service delivery
- Collaborative Telethon Institute of Child Health Research Projects
- Local input into National Maternity Services Plan
Visit our news page for more information on our current activities.
- Safe Infant Sleeping Initiative
- Baby Friendly Health Initiative
- Policy for publicly funded Home Births
- Labour and birth in water
- Improving Maternity Services Policy Framework