Women’s and Newborns Health Network
Our vision is to improve the quality, safety, accessibility and continuity of maternity care and services for all women and babies in Western Australia.
Telephone: 9222 0200
Having a baby website
Visit the Having a Baby website a one-stop information point for expecting and new parents that contains information about every stage of maternity care. This website is being progressively replaced by WA Health’s new healthyWA website.
Visit the WA Having a Baby Service Directory to find out what maternity services are available in your locality.
Telethon Kids Institute – WA Health funded projects
- Antenatal services audit for Aboriginal women and assessment of Aboriginal content in health education in Western Australia. (PDF 170KB)
- Development of the Blooming Together Program – A comprehensive model of maternity care incorporating evidence based behavioural change strategies for women with obesity to achieve a healthy pregnancy weight, September 2013 (PDF 938KB)
- Resources and support available for women accessing maternity system services, who are at risk of family-domestic violence, 2012
Summary (PDF 520KB) | Final report (PDF 1.2MB)
Publications of interest
- Models of Maternity Care: A review of the Evidence 2007 (PDF 1.22MB)
- WA Health Perinatal publications and report
Current projects to improve health care in WA
Visit our news page for more information on our current activities.
- Safe Infant Sleeping Initiative
- Baby Friendly Health Initiative
- Policy for publicly funded Home Births
- Labour and birth in water
- Improving Maternity Services Policy Framework
- Improving maternity care for refugee and migrant women in Western Australia: forum proceedings (external video link)
- Toolkit of resources for the provision of care to Refugee and Migrant Women accessing maternity services (PDF 212KB)
- Improving maternity care for refugee and migrant women in Western Australia: report from 2013-2014 workshops (PDF 774KB) | (Word 5.2MB)
- Improving maternity care for refugee and migrant women in Western Australia: report from 2015 consumer focus groups (PDF 529KB)
- Framework for the Care of Neonates (PDF 498KB)