Women’s and Newborns Health Network
Our vision is to improve the quality, safety, accessibility and continuity of maternity care and services for all women and babies in Western Australia.
Telephone: 9222 0200
Having a baby website
HealthyWA is a one-stop information point for expecting and new parents that contains information about every stage of maternity care as well as information about where to have your baby.
Telethon Kids Institute – WA Health funded projects
- Antenatal services audit for Aboriginal women and assessment of Aboriginal content in health education in Western Australia. (PDF 170KB)
- Development of the Blooming Together Program – A comprehensive model of maternity care incorporating evidence based behavioural change strategies for women with obesity to achieve a healthy pregnancy weight, September 2013 (PDF 938KB)
- Resources and support available for women accessing maternity system services, who are at risk of family-domestic violence, 2012
Summary (PDF 520KB) | Final report (PDF 1.2MB)
Publications of interest
- Models of Maternity Care: A review of the Evidence 2007 (PDF 1.22MB)
- WA Health Perinatal publications and report
Current projects to improve health care in WA
Visit our news page for more information on our current activities.
- Baby Friendly Health Initiative
- Improving maternity care services for refugee and migrant women
- Improving Maternity Services Policy Framework
- Labour and birth in water
- Perinatal Palliative Care (PDF 1.51MB)
- Policy for publicly funded Home Births
- Safe Infant Sleeping Initiative